wear a smile on one's face 面带笑容
smile from ear to ear 笑得合不拢嘴
sb's face lights up/brightens 面露喜色
a bright/shining smile appears on/spread across/crosses sb's face
jump/dance for joy手舞足蹈
laugh one's head off 笑得前仰后合
get/rise to one's feet in excitement 激动地站了起来
jump/spring to one's feet with joy 高兴地跳了起来
great sorrow clouds sb's eyes 满眼忧伤
have tears in one's eyes/eyes fill with tears/ tears swim in sb's eyes
tears roll/run/stream/flow down sb's cheeks 潸然泪下
tears well up in sb's eyes 泪如泉涌
sob/weep with one's face hidden in one's hands 掩面啜泣
fall silent/be in total silence/hold one's tongue 默不作声
be overcome with sorrow 悲伤不已
hang/drop/lower/bend/bow one's head in sadness 伤心地低下头
pull back the chin 下巴往后缩
breathless with anxiety 焦急地喘不过气来
be open-mouthed with horror/
be struck dumb with astonishment 吓得目瞪口袋
sb's eyes show no fear 眼神毫无畏惧
heart beats violently 心跳加快
pace back and forth 来回踱步
be seized with panic/panic sets in 惊慌失措
shake/tremble with fear 吓得发抖
stand rooted to the spot with fear 吓得呆若木鸡
stare at sb in anger/glare at sb 怒目而视
be red-cheeked with anger或go/turn red with anger 气得满脸通红
sb's face falls/darkens 脸沉/黑了下来
with one's arms crossed 双臂交叉
hit the ceiling/roof 或explode with anger 勃然大怒
turn away 转过脸去
raise the eyebrows 扬起眉毛
be wide-eyed或widen the eyes或 with sb's eyes wide open 瞪大眼睛
blink in surprise 吃惊地眨眼
freeze/stand still/stop dead/be numb with shock 惊呆了
can't help letting out screams 忍不住尖叫
be shocked beyond words 惊讶地说不出话来
unit 43 情绪与感受
1. He felt the warmth surging through his body.
2. It was a welcome relief once again, Stanley felt that destiny was on his side.
3. A bright smile appeared on/spread across his face.
4. Her face lit up/ brightened /glowed when I gave her the present.
5. Everyone was in a good mood.
6. I'm in good mood at the moment, just like the white clouds in the blue sky.
7. My heart is as sweet as honey.我的心情像吃了蜜一样甜。
8. A thrill of joy filled her heart.她心中充满了喜悦。
9. She was overflowing with happiness.她内心洋溢着幸福。
10. He was grinning from ear to ear.他笑得合不拢嘴。
1. A ripple of sadness welled up inside him.
2. The loneliness and grief comes in waves.
3. Grief comes in waves. 悲伤如潮水一般涌来。
4. The last word went like a bullet to my heart.
5. My heart seemed to be torn.
6. An air of sorrow and depression settled over the crowd.
7. It is heartbreaking for him that he cannot see his children.
8. The sorrow she felt at the death of her husband was almost too much to bear.
9. She felt a deep pang of sorrow for the woman.
10. She grieved the loss of her only son.
11. He became severely depressed after her mother's death.
12. The girl was crying and clearly in distress.
1. Mary felt her heart race.
2. Her heart was thumping with excitement.
3. I was overjoyed and ran three steps at once.
4. Her face is red, excitement in the heart, as a deer jumping with joy.
5. I was so excited inside, like a rough sea.我内心像汹涌的大海般激动。
1. We were all astonished at the unexpected news.
2. When I looked at the grade on my math paper my jaw dropped to the ground.
3. The little boy was speechless with shock.
4. Hearing the bad news, Mary froze with shock, as if rooted on the ground.
5. The car was gone in seconds, leaving Alice shaking her head in disbelief.
6. I sensed a flash of surprise in his eyes.
1. In between sobs I told her the story.
2. Every night she cried into her pillow as though her heart would break into pieces.
3. Tears blurred her eyes.
4. I felt tears well up in my eyes.
5. She chocked and her eyes brimmed with tears.
6 With tears streaming down her face, words failed her.
7. A tear slid down her cheek.
8. Eyes begin to water.
9. I sobbed bitterly, tasting the salt from the tears that streamed down my face.
10. There was clearly nothing left to do but drop herself onto the shabby little couch and weep.
1 So ashamed was she that she could feel the blood rush to her face.（倒装）
2. He hung/dropped/lowed/bent/bowed his head in shame.
3. He felt his cheeks burning with shame.
4. I dropped my eyes.
5. So ashamed did she feel that she was close to tears. （倒装）
1. I was seized by a strong sense of horror and my palms were sweating.
2. The fear made him dizzy.
3. He felt the scream explode inside him.
4. Stanley could hear his heart beat，each beat told him he was still alive, at least for one more second.
5. Hearing the terrible news,people got into panic.
6. A look of panic crossed his face.
7. She shrieked in fright.
8. Fear clutched at his heart.
9. The girl is as timid as a rabbit.
10. He was terrified at the thought of being lost in the woods.
1. Her rage swept through her like a tidal wave.
2. He roared in his heart like a lion.
3. Mowgli, still in a temper, came sliding down a treetrunk.
4. He walked into the camp office, slamming the door behind him.
5. So angry was she that she could feel the blood rush to her face.（倒装）
6. She flushed with anger.
7. His anger has cooled.
8. Lisa was white and trembling with anger.
9. Mike managed to restrain his anger.
1. She frowned at her anxiously.
2. She gives me a worried look.
3. She glanced worriedly at her friend.
4. We are all very nervous about the future.
5. I couldn't look after him any more, the strain was too much for me.
6. Before exams, I always have butterflies in my stomach.
1. My heart seemed leap from my body.
2. My breathing is speeding up.
3. I trembled at the thought of having to make a speech.
1. She put her hands to her cheeks in embarrassment.
2. So embarrassed was she that she stood there clumsily, feeling the blood rush to her face.(倒装)
3. She scratched her head, hoping to find a hole to hide herself.
4. He bit his lips, not knowing where to rest his hands.
5. She lowered her body, wondering how to hide her inner embarrassment.
6. She open her mouth, her face turning burning hot.
7. All the air seemed to disappear and she felt as if the whole world were watching her.
8. A sudden flush spread over her cheeks.
9. His face flushed/burned with embarrassment.